It’s time for Advent Workshop! Join us in the Family Life Center from 6-8pm on Wed, Dec 5 for a great time of crafts, snacks, & fun. There are many craft projects to choose from and many use this time to make several Christmas gifts for others. We have all the supplies and simple instructions. Come & join the fun.
• Approximately 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, regardless of their income. This means that “broke” has become the new normal in our nation.
• At the end of the month, many individuals simply have nothing left because of debt and expenses. If this is you, I’ve got good news. You are not alone.
• You may be sitting there wishing you could get more financial margin in your life. If you’d like to take control of your money, then listen carefully.
• As a church, we want to share a practical plan that can help you discover God’s way of handling money. We want to empower you to get on a budget, get out of debt, save for the future, and take control of your money.
• Financial Peace University is that plan. This 9-week class taught by money expert Dave Ramsey can change your financial story in a matter of weeks—and your family tree for generations to come.
The participation fee is $100 per individual or couple.
To register for a Financial Peace University Class at First Baptist Church, Sioux Falls, SD CLICK HERE or contact the church office 605.336.0966
Join us on Sunday, Aug 26 for our annual Fall Kick-Off & Neighborhood Block Party! We will have our Fall Preview at 9am in the Family Life Center followed by Summer Worship at 10am in the Sanctuary. Then it's our block party - inflatables, games, face painting and entertainment. See you on Sunday!
Beginning July 1 through September 2 we will have one worship service at 10:00 AM. Our summer worship will include great music, faith stories and inspiring messages about One Anothering. This summer is about seeking to be shaped into the extraordinary, exceptional, uncommon community that Christ desires us to be!
Join us in worship!
Let’s come together on Saturday, April 21, to serve others, support our youth as they raise funds for the Belize mission trip, and enjoy one another's company.
Here is the plan for Serve Saturday 2018:
Pancake Breakfast, with fruit, sausage, juice and coffee. Free will offering to raise funds for the youth mission trip to Belize.
9:45 to Noon
Pick a project from the below. Advance sign up sheets are in the church narthex or contact the church office (336-0966).
- Clean the toys in the Nursery
- Lowell Elementary Project (working on the details yet)
- Family Project The kids will make cards, decorate some pictures, and put together treat packages and then bless some of our senior adults with a visit and treats. Addresses will be provided, along with some talking points to help facilitate the visit.
- Church Landscaping and Spring Cleaning (wear or bring work clothes and bring rakes, yard tools) and indoor projects yet to be identified.
- Collect & distribute items for specific charities: Philips Home, The Banquet, Veterans Outreach, and Arise! Ukraine. Click here for the list of items being collected.
Get ready to be Unleashed:
Set Free to LIVE, GIVE and SERVE!
Being a follower and disciple of Jesus calls us to manage our live--our talents, our time, our resources--in ways that allow us to live fully and freely for Christ.
First Baptist UNLEASHED will begin January 14, 2018. The UNLEASHED adventure begins with each of us participating in a nine-week Financial Peace University (FPU) experience. FPU will be offered several times during the week to make is accessible for all.
Meeting day and time (classes meet for 9 weeks):
Sundays 10:00 AM (begins Jan 14)
Mondays 6:30 PM (begins Jan 15)
Wednesdays 6:30 PM (begins Jan 17)
Thursdays 9:30 AM & 6:30 PM (begins Jan 18)
Saturdays 9:30 AM (begins Jan 20)
The participation fee is $100 per individual or couple.
To register for a Financial Peace University course at First Baptist Church, Sioux Falls CLICK HERE or contact the church office 605.336.0699
Join us on Sunday, September 10 for a morning of celebration! We will be starting fall Sunday School classes, worshiping together, and then having a party.
9:00 AM: Sunday School for all ages
10:00 AM: Combined Worship Service, Sanctuary
11:15 AM: Block Party with food, inflatables, ice cream truck from East River Treats, games, face painting, and fellowship!
It's going to be a blast! Please consider joining us for this great day.
You are invited to join us for Gadgets and Gizmos Vacation Bible School! We will explore how we are uniquely wired and wonderfully made over the time we have together!
Click the image below to go the Vacation Bible School page. A registration form is on that page.
Come one, come all to our great rummage sale! You never know what you are going to find! There is something for everyone. This will be held in the Family Life Center. All proceeds will benefit our Go 4th Campaign.
No clothing will be sold at this rummage sale!
Friday, June 2: 8 am to 7 pm
Saturday, June 3: 8 am to 2 pm
First Baptist Church is hosting a Family Movie Night on March 10 from 6:30 to 9:30 PM in the Family Life Center. We will watch Disney's Finding Dory and eat popcorn and drink lemonade! Bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, or cushions to relax in!
Here's a short description about Finding Dory:
The friendly-but-forgetful blue tang fish begins a search for her long-lost parents, and everyone learns a few things about the real meaning of family along the way.
Now is the time to enroll your child in our 3&4 year old preschool classes or our Pre-K class! More information is available by clicking here or by calling the Children's Center at 605-336-0966.
Class sizes are limited and may fill quickly.
The Memory Service brings us together to remember the people that have died in the last year and to acknowledge the hurt that their death has caused in our lives. As we remember those that have gone, we place the hurt we feel in the hands of Christ and are comforted by him. Time is tentative.
Advent Sunday Worship Services
November 27, December 4, 11, 18
8:45 AM Traditional Worship 11:00 AM Contemporary Worship
November 30, 6-8 PM
A Wonderful Craft Workshop for Children
Memory Service, Remembering Our Loved Ones
December 4, 3:00 PM
First Baptist Children’s Center Preschool Program & Reception
December 8, 6:30 PM
December 14, 6:00-7:30 PM
Christmas fun for all ages, supper will be served
Children & Youth Musical—The Christmas County Spelling Bee
December 18, 4:00 PM
Christmas Eve Worship
December 24, 4:00 PM
Christmas Day Worship
December 25, 10:00 AM